Topic: building leanpsk in a non-standard environment

Hi

I am working on an embedded platform (TI CC3200) and am trying to see if I can use wolfSSL to to provide SSL over a WIZ550io. Memory resources are short and I want to get the wolfSSL footprint as close as possible to 21k.

I have read about the leanpsk build option for the autoconf system.  Since I am building on a non-standard platform I will building on my IAR EWARM compiler and will need to include/exclude the appropriate configuration definitions in the wolfSSL source.

What definitions do I need to include/exclude to get a leanpsk result from my local build?

Also, once I get something like leanpsk built I would like to try and leverage the CC3200's Hardware Crypto Engine.  Do you have any guidance on integrating hardware crypto functionality with wolfSSL? Will it be possible to further reduce leanpsk footprint if we can utilize my crypto engine?

Thanks for your help.

Re: building leanpsk in a non-standard environment

Hi Steve,

For our curiosity here at wolfSSL could you tell us a little more about your project, end goals, what it's being used for etc. We love getting feedback from our customers!

Here is a list of the pre-processor definitions we use when targeting a 21k build. If you are building with autoconf system you can see corresponding configure options with ./configure -h

WOLFSSL_LEANPSK
HAVE_NULL_CIPHER
SINGLE_THREADED
NO_AES
NO_FILESYSTEM
NO_RABBIT
NO_RSA
NO_DSA
NO_DH
NO_CERTS
NO_PWDBASED
NO_DES3
NO_MD4
NO_MD5
NO_ERROR_STRINGS
NO_OLD_TLS
NO_RC4
NO_WRITEV
NO_SESSION_CACHE
NO_DEV_RANDOM
WOLFSSL_USER_IO
NO_SHA
USE_SLOW_SHA
BUILD_SLOWMATH                                                     
SINGLE_THREADED

Thanks for contacting us with your question

Kind Regards,

Kaleb

Hi Kaleb

Basically, we needed to an ethernet port to our application so we added a WIZ550io spi to ethernet device. We have our device talking with our server over the 550io only without SSL. The 550io does not support SSL so we need to add it.  We have a WiFi solution that has implemented SSL communication and talks with a similar service on our server that is secure (SSL). Ultimately we need to use the single secure service over the 550io.

Code space is limited so we need as small a footprint as possible thus the interest in leanSPK. Not sure if leanSPK will suit our service requirements. Could use some advice on that.

Host processor is a TI CC3200 that has a hardware crypto engine. Would like to leverage that if possible to further reduce footprint .

Spoke to Rich in your office the other day about this project a provided him with many more details, you may wish to conference with him.

Best,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the project details! I wanted to check back and see if those configure options got you to your target footprint or close?

Kind Regards,

Kaleb