Topic: PrivateDecrypt with OAEP padding

Hello,

Is there an equilavent function or setting of the following openSSL function call?

RSA_private_decrypt(inlen, input, out, rsa, RSA_PKCS1_OAEP_PADDING);

I read in the forum that OAEP is not support but the post was 2010 dated. smile

Re: PrivateDecrypt with OAEP padding

Hi Alper,

We currently do not have support for OAEP padding but support PKCS #1v1.5. Is OAEP padding something that you need for your project?

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for reply. Yes, that is the exact function call needed for the project. Could you suggest any alternative ways?

Hi Alper,

OAEP though not supported is currently on the feature list for future projects. Can you tell me some about your project and time frames / deadlines? It may speed things up to have one of our team members contact you directly to work out an alternative, then they could set up a call with you to discuss the possibility of speeding up the process of adding in OAEP padding?

Regards,
Jacob

Could you give me the status of this? I also need RSA with OAEP for an embedded implementation of the DNP3 Secure Authentication Version 5 specification.

I've written RSA with OAEP public key encryption and private key decryption functions for Wolfcrypt. It's not fully tested, but is intended for a commercial product. I've tried it on an embedded Linux board running an Arm in little endian mode. If anyone wants the beta code, send me an email. Usual warning about no warranty of any kind applies, but eventually, I have to be sure it works in my product, at least. Anybody that want's to test / improve it is welcome.

Hi Alper and Mark,

Am going through forum posts looking for RSA OAEP to announce that we added RSA OAEP in the recent wolfSSL release version 3.9.0.

Has someone from the wolfSSL team been in contact with you by email Mark? It looks like the conversation at the end of this forum did not get addressed here on the site.

Regards,
Jacob