1 (edited by gaumaugher 2015-02-25 05:53:28)

Topic: [SOLVED] How to compile wolfSSL for hardware floating point

This is my first attempt to use wolfSSL embedded SSL and I am having some issues. I am installing it on a Raspberry Pi model B. The install went fine using the zip file and compiling. The issue is that the library is not compiled for hardware floating point (VFP). I cannot compile my c code against the library. The error I receive is:

/usr/bin/ld: error: appname uses VFP register arguments, libcyassl.a(src_libcyassl_la-ssl.o) does not
/usr/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libcyassl.a(src_libcyassl_la-ssl.o)

Despite being able to compile my application to use software floating point, the linker still gives me the error. It seems there is no way to convince the RPi to use software floating point. Is there a way to install wolfSSL to support hardware floating point (VFP) on the Raspberry Pi? I would have assumed it would be the default since that is  the gcc default. I appreciate any suggestions.

Re: [SOLVED] How to compile wolfSSL for hardware floating point

Hi!

We haven't heard of that problem before on the Raspberry Pi but I'll ask around and see if we can reproduce it.  I don't believe we're overriding any floating point defaults there.

Thanks,
-Todd

Re: [SOLVED] How to compile wolfSSL for hardware floating point

And you aren't. I had to take off my dense cap and remove the static link to an old library and dynamically link to the new library I built and it worked perfectly. Sorry for the false alarm.