1 (edited by pepelu 2014-11-21 03:24:25)

Topic: [SOLVED] DTLS with certificates example

When trying to run the examples from embedded SSL version 3.0.0 with DTLS (option -u) I keep having:
wolfSSL error: Bad SSL version.
When adding CyaSSL_DTLS to the preprocessor options, VS cannot build as it encounters some errors:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaDTLSv1_server_method referenced in function _server_test@4
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaDTLSv1_2_server_method referenced in function _server_test@4
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaSSL_dtls_get_current_timeout referenced in function _NonBlockingSSL_Accept
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaSSL_dtls_got_timeout referenced in function _NonBlockingSSL_Accept

Another problem I have encountered is that when doing the same exchange but without -u option, using TLS I can made the handshake and the output is good but Wireshark does not show the traffic as TLS but as TCP messages. Anyone had also have this problem?

Re: [SOLVED] DTLS with certificates example

pepelu wrote:

When trying to run the examples from version 3.0.0 with DTLS (option -u) I keep having:
yassl error: Bad SSL version.
When adding CYASSL_DTLS to the preprocessor options, VS cannot build as it encounters some errors:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaDTLSv1_server_method referenced in function _server_test@4
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaDTLSv1_2_server_method referenced in function _server_test@4
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaSSL_dtls_get_current_timeout referenced in function _NonBlockingSSL_Accept
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CyaSSL_dtls_got_timeout referenced in function _NonBlockingSSL_Accept

Did you add CYASSL_DTLS to only the server's preprocessor options or to the server, client, and CyaSSL library's preprocessor options?

pepelu wrote:

Another problem I have encountered is that when doing the same exchange but without -u option, using TLS I can made the handshake and the output is good but Wireshark does not show the traffic as TLS but as TCP messages. Anyone had also have this problem?

Wireshark usually picks the protocol based on the port number, so it knows that 443 is HTTP over TLS and decodes it as expected. Our test server uses port 11111 so Wireshark isn’t assuming anything about it. You need to select one of the packets and bring up the pop-up menu selecting “Decode As…”, then select “SSL” from the list of protocols.

Re: [SOLVED] DTLS with certificates example

Thank you. That solved the problem.